It has been an uber long time since I posted anything. Life these past few months have been a little crazy! I have crossed things off my list, although it is quite clear that I won’t do everything. I had thought, with 100% conviction, that I would. Anybody with their head on straight would have seen #3 (Save $10,000) and #5 (Visit 3 new countries) in the same list and realised that while it is possible, it is also highly unlikely. Many friends told me so, but I chose to disregard their advice. On the flip-side, if it wasn’t on my list, would I have saved as much as I have this year?
Even though I have had plenty of time to write and post, while sitting on airplanes or chilling in NYC I have always managed to find a reason not too. It is now time that I start post again! If I don’t, come November I will be locked to my computer trying to record all my experiences from this year as I ticked things off my list.
While I was running this week I saw this old man. He was creating a beautiful painting of a busy NYC intersection through his eyes. On such a hectic intersection was a bubble of peace where he was focused on perfecting his vision. The best part – this isn’t the first time I have seen him painting here. Such a lovely reminder to enjoy the journey of life; we can find peace and focus amidst the disorder of life.
So stay tuned!
My 24th birthday is soon aproaching and on the cusp of my quarter life crisis I have chosen to live a year with complete and utter reckless abandon.
Adjective: (of a person or their actions) Utterly unconcerned about the consequences of some actions; without caution; careless.
Noun: To yeild (oneself) without restraint or moderation; give (oneself) over to natural impulses; usually without self-control. Freedom from inhibitions, restraint, concern, or worry.
We only live once and are young for far too short a time, I believe in making the most of absolutely every moment. My list is compiled of 25 things that really excite me and by November 23rd, 2012 I will have crossed every item off my list, whilst documenting on this blog all the shenanigans that it will have entailed. If you too have the joie de vivre, I would so love for you to join me on my adventures over the next 365 days.
Welcome to my list of 25 things I want to do by the time I turn 25. In no particular order…
- Read list of 10 books
- Watch a list of 100 movies
- Save $10,000
- Participate in multiple dance competitions – Lindy Hop, Balboa and Collegiate Shag
- Visit three new countries where english is not the native language (excluding Herrang)
- Learn 3 lindy routines
- Make a short film
- Attend Herrang dance camp for a week
- Move into a new(er) apartment
- Cook and host a dinner party for myself and 7 friends
- Put art or photos in all the frames on my walls
- Visit the Getty Museum for the first time
- Get an agent
- Take a road trip
- Learn to speak Italian fluently
- Go to bed before 9pm, and wake up at 6am three days in a row
- See a show at the Hollywood Bowl
- Actually do the full 90 days of P90X
- Complete a series of Burlesque workshops
- Go white water rafting
- Do the Gladiator Rock n Run
- Watch a live sporting event in LA
- Research and write my family tree
- Go camping in the Chanel Islands
- Get my motorbike license